Overview: When you are learning about an organization, the opportunity to meet with someone from the organization is invaluable. This is because people like to tell their stories, and asking follow-up questions creates a level of insight not gained from reviewing a website or reading an article. In addition, you have the opportunity to add real-world examples to those provided in your textbook.
Prompt: Write a short paper that summarizes your interview experience with a person from the not-for-profit organization you selected : Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Introduction: Provide the following:
- The name and position of the individual you interviewed (If you were able to meet and interview additional people, provide their names and
- The name of the not-for-profit organization that the individual works for
- The date, time, and location of the interview
- Interview Summary:
- List the questions you asked and the answers you received.
- What did you learn about the organization’s leadership that can contribute to your final project?
- What did you learn about that can contribute to your final project, in terms of how the organization communicates?
- What did you learn about that can contribute to your final project, in terms of how the organization manages its finances?
- What did you learn about that can contribute to your final project, in terms of the organization’s ethics?
- Analysis: What are the organization’s overall strengths and weaknesses? In what ways do they impact organizational success? Support your assertions.
- Conclusion: Write a summary of how you feel about your experience. Do you feel it went well? Why or why not?
- Interview Consent Form: During your interview, you should ask for the interviewee’s signature on the Interview Consent Form, obtaining their permission to mention the name of the organization in your short paper. Additionally, it provided permission to quote the individual(s) anonymously in the assignment. Scan the Interview Consent Form as a PDF or take a picture of it and save it as a JPEG. Upload it along with your short paper.
Guidelines for Submission: Submit a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document (not including title page or references). It should be double spaced with 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and APA formatting. Submit your signed Interview Consent Form as either a PDF or a JPEG.