A Consulting Proposal for Creating a social media strategy
Contents Introduction 3 Background and problem 3 Looking at Problem 4 Project purpose and scope 5 Approach and Methodology 6 Project Schedule and Milestones Dates 9 Time and Cost Estimates 10 Anticipated outcome and Benefits 10 Summary of Project Deliverables 11 Consultant Credential 12 Conclusion 12
Marketing is necessary for all of the industries, but it seems that the electronic publishing industry has the largest amount of impact because of marketing. It seems that marketing is the backbone for the electronic publishing industry as it is with the promotion of their blogs and various articles that they can achieve high revenue. It seems that Tech Talk has a problem with picking out a proper social medium strategy for the promotion of their work. Due to the rise in competition and different social media platforms, it has become hard to decide what the best strategy which can be used is. The aim of the research project would be to highlight a proper social medium strategy.
Being founded in 2012, Tech Talks was one of the places where an individual could go and gain a huge amount of knowledge regarding various new technology trends. There are various articles that can be found regarding business analytics, e-commerce and information technology e-payments, etc. There are also focused case studies that are presented by the organization. The unique factor about this organization is that in order to attract its customers, the normal bookish type knowledge was thrown out of the window, and more graphical representation was done.
The finances that were present within the organization between the years 2013 and 2016 were high reputable due to the fact that they were presenting quality content. It was understood that social media played a huge role in the customers, and the content was being shared amongst them through these various platforms.
The main problem that is highlighted within the case study of Tech Talks is that they do not have a proper strategy that they can develop for future growth. There is a hard time in deciding how to further social media presence should be developed as there are a number of options that can be targeted.
In order to get more in-depth detail about the problems Tech Talks seems to be facing; both internal and external factors will be identified. These would help in understanding the problems further on and looking at which ones exist within the organization itself.
· Too many social media platforms to choose from
· Too many customer segments to cater to
· Guidelines about ever specific SEO strategy and marketing on social media strategy have to be taken into account.
· There does not seem to be a huge team available for getting different amounts of work done.
· Looking at if a new SEO should be hired.
· In house or outsourcing should be done of the work.
· How black hat SEO should be done or White hat SEO.
· The page content is not attracting more customers.
· The use of new social media platforms or how new ones should be done.
The various strategies chosen can either increase the costs that are occurring or keep them the same
The purpose of this project would help to evaluate different strategies that can be used in order to develop a social medium strategy. The project will look at different ways that social media marketing can be done effectively by a medium organization such as Tech Talks. The project will have a research methodology so that there can be proper ideas developed for making sure that there would be effective strategies developed.
They are deciding how the use of a white hat SEO strategy would benefit the organization. The use of this strategy will make sure that the work of optimization is done while following the guidelines, and there is not any illegal activity.
Researching on what are the best social media platforms so that there can be an effective outline of how it can be added to the operations of the organization. This would help in making sure that there is an effective outline of how different platforms can be used.
Looking at the progress made within the project so that findings can be properly represented. There will also be recommendations made based on the findings so that the best decision can be made accordingly.
The different aspects that are not added within the project are:
· Not going to compare various studies regarding gap analysis
· Implementing a proper plan for the strategy which can be used
· Evaluation of all social media platforms
Deciding with the methodology and approach is necessary as it would help to set out a proper strategy to gain proper results within the project. This has to be done properly so that there could be proper findings done along with the recommendations given to Tech Talk.
There are eight stages which are involved in developing a proper approach which are:
It is necessary to develop a sensitive research program to define all activities and set a time frame for them. This would help in outlining how the whole project can be carried out for successful outcomes.
2. Detailed PESTLE and SWOT analysis
The use of PESTLE analysis would help in making sure that all of the external factors would be looked at. On the other hand, the SWOT analysis would show the internal problems that were faced by the organization. Both of these are done so that it can also be found out that whether it will be okay to do outsourcing or can the team within the organisation take control.
3. Researching the best social medium strategy
· There is going to be secondary research conducted on investigating SEO options and Social media strategies
· The main focus of the research will be on finding out the best social medium strategy which can be used.
4. Conducting surveys
· There will be questionnaires developed and given to the individuals who read the articles of the organization.
· There will be a separate survey developed for the employees on what they think would best fit the organization’s needs.
5. Analysis of data
· After the data is collected, then there would be a proper analysis of it. This helps to make sure that the findings are represented in a well-defined manner.
· Here the finds are presented so that there is a proper outline of what are the different options that are available to the organization and which ones should be chosen accordingly.
7. Designing Recommendations
· There would be different recommendations given both for the current challenges and future challenges that can be looked at. It seems that the use of different recommendations would help in showing how a proper social medium strategy can be developed.
8. Results are presented
· There should be a proper presentation developed so that the organization can understand how they can have an effective strategy developed.
This type of approach is known as a deductive approach. Hence the deductive approach is the best way to understand how there will be effective research carried out.
The use of a mixed methodology will be done within the research. This is important to be done because it would help to show that there is a sufficient amount of data collected.
While collecting qualitative data, there are going to be various journal articles reviewed, along with different articles on social medium strategies. This would help to make sure that there is an analysis of different strategies developed, and also it seems that there would be an analysis of how SEO can be done properly. It seems that with this type of data, there will be an effective outline of various strategies developed.
The use of the quantitative method of data collection would be done through the creation of surveys. There is going to be a set of 2 questionnaires developed as two different groups are being targeted. The first one is the employees of Tech Talks. The personnel know more about the organization than anyone else, and they would be able to provide what are the challenges that are being faced inside of the organization. This helps to see whether there would be an outline of how the organization functions so that outsourcing or teamwork will be done for the new strategy. Information about black hat SEO strategies and white hat SEO strategies can be found out accordingly.
The second set of the questionnaire would be developed for the customers or readers of the organization. The questionnaire would be targeted to the different countries and sent to them via Facebook or Twitter. By doing this, there would be a proper understanding of what the customer wants and whether they would want another social media platform to view the article or even infographics. This is necessary to be done in each of the countries; there are different platforms that are on the rise. The data that would be collected here is in the form of statistics. There are going to be around 100 individuals selected from Facebook and 2000 from Twitter in order to gain insight from both of these platforms and understand their wants.
Timing in a project is as crucial as carrying it out. The final closure of the project is going to be March 14, 2021, and it is going to begin on November 1, 2020. This is all of the time that is needed in order to conduct the project in a significant manner. Within ten days of the proposal being submitted, it is requested that an answer should be given so that the whole project can get a green signal to be started.
|Project Phase||Month (Nov-March)||Completed By|
|Planning||November 15, 2020|
|Detailed PESTLE and SWOT analysis||November 29, 2020|
|Researching the best social medium strategy||November 30, 2020|
|Conducting surveys||December 31, 2020|
|Analysis of data||January 31, 2021|
|Findings||February 28, 2021|
|Designing Recommendations||March 10, 2021|
|Results are presented||March 14, 2021|
The time that will be consumed to finish this project is over five months. This is an ample amount of time that will be given in order to complete the whole project and make sure that there is are effective solutions provided to the various dilemmas Tech Talks seems to be in. There are not any consultation fees that will be charged due to the fact that the final deliverables will be submitted by the Royal Roads University MBA program. However, the university has mentioned that the expenses that are going to occur while covering all of the activities and hours of work are amounted to about $35,000.
The outcome of this report will surely help Tech Talks in overcoming the problems and challenges it is facing. The benefits which can be availed by conduction of this project are:
· There can be higher amounts of traffic that will be achieved by the organization. This is because Tech Talks would have a more specific strategy that would help to bring more readers toward them.
· A fine-tuning would be given to the social media strategy as the research being done would help to provide a strong social medium strategy that can be easily carried out.
· In-house marketing and outsourcing would also be defined during the project so that further decisions can be taken on.
· Deciding on a platform that would help the organization to grow in the market further would be advised in this project.
· There are a number of functional blocks that are present in social media, and the uses of this project are bound to show them.
A report is going to be presented in which all of the research would have been done, and the findings presented. This will be provided in both a printed formatted and one through electronic mail. This report would cover all of the topics and research methodologies that have been mentioned.
This proposal highlights the activities that are going to take place on a whole project. The project will help to deal with the several problems Tech Talks seems to be currently facing. The mixed methodology that has been chosen for the project will help in obtaining crucial information that can be used to solve the problems being presented. There are a number of individuals that would take part in the data collection so that there can be real information acquired. In conclusion, the acceptance of this proposal would mean that the initial phase of the project has just been cleared.