Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 2 and 3 in the Leadership: Theory and Practice course textbook. Then, select one case study from either Chapter 2 or 3 in the textbook, based on its relevance to your professional or personal interests. Next, write a three- to four-page paper (not including the title and references pages) answering all the questions located below the case study in the textbook.
In your paper,
· Determine the leadership approach being used in the case.
· Analyze whether the approach is effective for the case.
· Cite specific examples from the case and from scholarship that support your position.
· Assess how the leader in the case could be more effective.
The Case Study 1 paper
· Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) .
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
· As Ashford updates to the new edition of the APA Style manual, you may want to take a look at APA Style Elements (Links to an external site.). Here is an Ashford University Sample Title Page (Links to an external site.) example following the new edition guidelines.
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least four scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.