Understanding Mental Health In Black Communities
M2.4 Gather Your Evidence-Based Literature Sources
This week, you will gather the first batch of literature to support your review of the evidence
base, also known as the research or the literature. You will gather at least eight sources directly related to various aspects of your topic. Then you will evaluate them using the TRAAP Method.
You will answer all of the questions about each of your sources to ensure they are credible.
Your sources should be broken down as follows:
• At least four recent and highly credible peer-reviewed articles directly related to the
• At least two current government or healthcare organization resources (report, white
paper, government brief, etc.)
• At least two national in-depth current and credible news articles that show how your
chosen issue is being portrayed to the public. If your issue is sufficiently localized, you
may select a regional news source.
(Note: these are minimum required numbers. You may need to find additional sources to fill out
The Excelsior Library has an excellent selection of health-related refereed journals. This should be
your starting place for your literature review. You can also search the library’s list of health
sciences professional associations to find associations and government organizations for trending
information on your topic.
It is possible that you may find a source that does not meet the standards set by the TRAAP. If
you find one that does not meet all of the TRAAP criteria, please share your decision of whether
you will include it as part of your evidence for your white paper and why.
Additional Assignment Parameters:
• You may submit your evaluation of your sources in a table, in bulleted form, or in
• Be sure that you are covering every element of TRAAP, for all five resources.
• Include an APA formatted reference section at the end.
Note: It is important that you use resources from the excelsior university library. Please let me know if you can’t access it.